- Category: USS Arizona Casualty List
- Created: Monday, 21 February 2000 00:00
- Last Updated: Monday, 30 May 2016 01:06
Robert Lee Allen
Shipfitter Third Class
R. L. ALLEN
- Branch: United States Navy
- Service Number: 346 76 58
- Rate: SF3/c (Shipfitter Third Class)
- Duties: Use hand and machine tools for steel metal work. Bend, repair and fit pipes. Operate fire extinguishers and rescue breathing apparatus.
- Enlisted: 12 December 1939
- Place: Little Rock, Arkansas
- Onboard USS Arizona: 9 March 1940
- From: NTS Great Lakes
- Place of Birth: Arkansas
- Hometown / State on December 1941: Roseburg, Oregon
- Next of Kin: Jacob Curly Allen - Father
- Address: Roseburg, Oregon
- Disposition: Unrecoverable – Among the 900+ souls still onboard the USS Arizona
- Posthumous Awards: Purple Heart, American Defense Service Medal w/Fleet Clasp, Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal w/Star, WWII Victory Medal
Information researched and compiled by N. A. Nease and provided on USSARIZONA.ORG free of charge.
May not be reprinted in any form, other than educational use, without prior written permission of the author.