- Category: USS Arizona Casualty List
- Created: Monday, 21 February 2000 00:00
- Last Updated: Monday, 30 May 2016 01:07
William Lewis Allen
Storekeeper Second Class
W. L. ALLEN
- Branch: United States Navy Reserve
- Service Number: 346 76 58
- Rate: SK2/c (Storekeeper Second Class)
- V-6 (Enlisted men required for mobilization in addition to other classes of Volunteer Reserve.)
- Duties: Take charge of ship's storeroom. Issue and account for stock and clothing.
- Enlisted: 15 September 1941
- Place: Houston, Texas
- Onboard USS Arizona: 3 November 1941
- From: RS San Diego
- Hometown / State on December 1941: Houston, Texas
- Next of Kin: Mrs. William Lewis Allen - Wife
- Address: 501 Western Union Building, Houston, Texas
- Disposition: Unrecoverable – Among the 900+ souls still onboard the USS Arizona
- Posthumous Awards: Purple Heart, American Defense Service Medal w/Fleet Clasp, Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal w/Star, WWII Victory Medal
Information researched and compiled by N. A. Nease and provided on USSARIZONA.ORG free of charge.
May not be reprinted in any form, other than educational use, without prior written permission of the author.