- Category: USS Arizona Casualty List
- Created: Monday, 21 February 2000 00:00
- Last Updated: Monday, 30 May 2016 01:09
Frederick Purdy Amon
Seaman First Class
F. P. AMON
- Branch: United States Navy
- Service Number: 311 51 54
- Rate: S1/c (Seaman First Class)
- Duties: Know naval drill duties, knots, steering and signaling. Stand watch and gunnery duties.
- Enlisted: 8 October 1940
- Place: Detroit, Michigan
- Onboard USS Arizona: 9 December 1940
- From: NTS Great Lakes
- Date of Birth: 9 January 1921
- Place of Birth: Michigan
- Hometown / State on December 1941: Niles, Michigan
- Next of Kin: Mrs. Nola Dale Amon - Mother
- Address: 36 N. State, Niles, Michigan
- Disposition: Unrecoverable – Among the 900+ souls still onboard the USS Arizona
- Posthumous Awards: Purple Heart, American Defense Service Medal w/Fleet Clasp, Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal w/Star, WWII Victory Medal
Information researched and compiled by N. A. Nease and provided on USSARIZONA.ORG free of charge.
May not be reprinted in any form, other than educational use, without prior written permission of the author.