- Category: USS Arizona Casualty List
- Created: Monday, 21 February 2000 00:00
- Last Updated: Monday, 30 May 2016 01:16
James Raymond Aplin
Chief Water Tender
J. R. APLIN
- Branch: United States Navy
- Service Number: 201 13 73
- Rate: CWT (Chief Water Tender)
- P (Permanent Appointment)
- Duties: Take charge of fireroom when under way. Maintain, repair, and overhaul boiler system.
- Reenlisted: 18 October 1940
- Place: San Diego, California
- Onboard USS Arizona: 27 January 1941
- From: RS San Diego
- Date of Birth: Abt. 1905
- Place of Birth: Massachusetts
- Hometown / State on December 1941: San Diego, California
- Next of Kin: Mrs. Mary M Aplin - Wife
- Address: 3711 47th St., San Diego, California
- Disposition: Unrecoverable – Among the 900+ souls still onboard the USS Arizona
- Posthumous Awards: Purple Heart, American Defense Service Medal w/Fleet Clasp, Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal w/Star, WWII Victory Medal
Information researched and compiled by N. A. Nease and provided on USSARIZONA.ORG free of charge.
May not be reprinted in any form, other than educational use, without prior written permission of the author.