- Category: USS Arizona Casualty List
- Created: Monday, 21 February 2000 00:00
- Last Updated: Monday, 30 May 2016 01:15
Robert William Apple
Fireman First Class
R. W. APPLE
- Branch: United States Navy
- Service Number: 299 84 50
- Rate: F1/c (Fireman First Class)
- Duties: Fire and tend boilers. Operate, adjust and repair pumps.
- Enlisted: 9 February 1937
- Place: Chicago, Illinois
- Onboard USS Arizona: 19 June 1937
- From: NTS Great Lakes
- Date of Birth: Abt. 1918
- Place of Birth: Illinois
- Hometown / State on December 1941: Sterling, Illinois
- Next of Kin: Mrs. Rose Marie Apple - Mother
- Address: 411 11th Ave., Sterling, Illinois
- Disposition: Unrecoverable – Among the 900+ souls still onboard the USS Arizona
- Posthumous Awards: Purple Heart, American Defense Service Medal w/Fleet Clasp, Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal w/Star, WWII Victory Medal
Information researched and compiled by N. A. Nease and provided on USSARIZONA.ORG free of charge.
May not be reprinted in any form, other than educational use, without prior written permission of the author.