- Category: USS Arizona Casualty List
- Created: Monday, 21 February 2000 00:00
- Last Updated: Monday, 30 May 2016 01:18
John Anderson Arrant
Machinist's Mate First Class
J. A. ARRANT
- Branch: United States Navy
- Service Number: 268 20 03
- Rate: MM1/c (Machinist's Mate First Class)
- Duties: Operate main and auxiliary engines. Adjust, repair, and overhaul engines. Be familiar with ship's drainage systems, distilling plants, evaporators and pumps.
- Enlisted: 20 January 1936
- From: Macon, Georgia
- Onboard USS Arizona: 17 June 1936
- Date of Birth: 27 September 1917
- Place of Birth: Seale, Alabama
- Hometown / State on December 1941: Homestead, Florida
- Next of Kin: Mr. John Canty Arrant - Father
- Address: Homestead, Florida
- Disposition: Unrecoverable – Among the 900+ souls still onboard the USS Arizona
- Posthumous Awards: Purple Heart, American Defense Service Medal w/Fleet Clasp, Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal w/Star, WWII Victory Medal
Information researched and compiled by N. A. Nease and provided on USSARIZONA.ORG free of charge.
May not be reprinted in any form, other than educational use, without prior written permission of the author.