- Category: USS Arizona Casualty List
- Created: Monday, 21 February 2000 00:00
- Last Updated: Monday, 30 May 2016 01:20
Wilburn James Ashmore
Seaman Second Class
W. J. ASHMORE
- Branch: United States Navy
- Service Number: 274 65 13
- Rate: S2/c (Seaman Second Class)
- Duties: Know naval drill duties, knots, steering and signaling. Stand watch and gunnery duties.
- Enlisted: 17 June 1941
- From: New Orleans, Louisiana
- Onboard USS Arizona: 13 August 1940
- From: NTS San Diego
- Date of Birth: Abt 1918
- Place of Birth: Louisiana
- •Hometown / State on December 1941: Elizabeth, Louisiana
- Next of Kin: Mr. William Alfred Ashmore - Father
- Address: P.O. Box 77, Elizabeth, Louisiana
- Disposition: Unrecoverable – Among the 900+ souls still onboard the USS Arizona
- Posthumous Awards: Purple Heart, American Defense Service Medal w/Fleet Clasp, Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal w/Star, WWII Victory Medal
Information researched and compiled by N. A. Nease and provided on USSARIZONA.ORG free of charge.
May not be reprinted in any form, other than educational use, without prior written permission of the author.