- Category: USS Arizona Casualty List
- Created: Monday, 21 February 2000 00:00
- Last Updated: Monday, 30 May 2016 01:20
Gerald Arthur Atkins
Hospital Apprentice First Class
G. A. ATKINS
- Branch: United States Navy
- Service Number: 316 64 41
- Rate: HA1/c (Hospital Apprentice First Class)
- Duties: Know minor surgery, first aid and nursing. Maintain sanitary conditions.
- Enlisted: 30 April 1940
- Place: Omaha, Nebraska
- Onboard USS Arizona: 13 August 1940
- From: USNA (United States Naval Hospital) Pearl Harbor
- Date of Birth: 17 October 1919
- Place of Birth: Nebraska
- Hometown / State December 1941: Gothenberg, Nebraska
- Next of Kin: Mr. Bernard Beals Atkins - Father (in 1961 father lived in Denver, Colorado)
- Address: Gothenberg, Nebraska
- Disposition: Unrecoverable – Among the 900+ souls still onboard the USS Arizona
- Posthumous Awards: Purple Heart, American Defense Service Medal w/Fleet Clasp, Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal w/Star, WWII Victory Medal
Information researched and compiled by N. A. Nease and provided on USSARIZONA.ORG free of charge.
May not be reprinted in any form, other than educational use, without prior written permission of the author.