- Category: USS Arizona Casualty List
- Created: Monday, 21 February 2000 00:00
- Last Updated: Monday, 30 May 2016 01:25
Loren Joe Barker
L. J. BARKER
- Branch: United States Navy
- Service Number: 321 39 46
- Rate: COX (Coxswain)
- Duties: Work with canvas and handle boats. Know signaling.
- Enlisted: 6 March 1940
- Place: Des Moines, Iowa
- Onboard USS Arizona: 13 August 1941
- From: NTS Great Lakes
- Date of Birth: 23 August 1921
- Place of Birth: Iowa
- Hometown / State December 1941: Keosauqua, Iowa
- School: Keosauqua High School 1938
- Next of Kin: Mr. Joseph M. Barker - Father
- Address: Keosauqua, Iowa
- Disposition: Unrecoverable – Among the 900+ souls still onboard the USS Arizona
- Posthumous Awards: Purple Heart, American Defense Service Medal w/Fleet Clasp, Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal w/Star, WWII Victory Medal
Information researched and compiled by N. A. Nease and provided on USSARIZONA.ORG free of charge.
May not be reprinted in any form, other than educational use, without prior written permission of the author.