- Category: USS Arizona Casualty List
- Created: Monday, 21 February 2000 00:00
- Last Updated: Friday, 03 June 2016 18:20
Robert Alvin Bates
Pharmacist's Mate Third Class
R. A. BATES
- Branch: United States Navy
- Service Number: 356 18 86
- Rate: PhM3/c (Pharmacist's Mate First Class)
- Duties: Take charge of sick bay. Do minor surgery and administer simple medicines.
- Enlisted: 10 January 1940
- Place: Dallas, Texas
- Onboard USS Arizona: 27 May 1941
- From: USNH Pearl Harbor
- Date of Birth: 26 January 1919
- Place of Birth: Parmer County, Texas
- Hometown / State December 1941: Kamay, Texas
- Next of Kin: Mrs. Lonella Griffin - Mother
- Address: General Delivery, Kamay, Texas
- Disposition: Unrecoverable – Among the 900+ souls still onboard the USS Arizona
- Posthumous Awards: Purple Heart, American Defense Service Medal w/Fleet Clasp, Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal w/Star, WWII Victory Medal
Information researched and compiled by N. A. Nease and provided on USSARIZONA.ORG free of charge.
May not be reprinted in any form, other than educational use, without prior written permission of the author.