- Category: USS Arizona Casualty List
- Created: Monday, 21 February 2000 00:00
- Last Updated: Friday, 17 June 2016 10:57
Albert Charles Berkanski
A. C. BERKANSKI
- Branch: United States Navy
- Service Number: 266 05 02
- Rate: COX (Coxswain)
- Duties: Work with canvas and handle boats. Know signaling.
- Enlisted: 22 January 1940
- Place: Richmond, Virginia
- Onboard USS Arizona: 30 September 1940
- From: RS Norfolk, Virginia
- Date of Birth: 27 September 1923
- Place of Birth: Shenandoah, Pennsylvania
- Hometown / State December 1941: Mt. Carmel, Pennsylvania
- Next of Kin: Mr. Michael Berkanski - Father
- Address: 49 S. Pince Street, Mt. Carmel, Pennsylvania
- Disposition: Unrecoverable – Among the 900+ souls still onboard the USS Arizona
- Posthumous Awards: Purple Heart, American Defense Service Medal w/Fleet Clasp, Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal w/Star, WWII Victory Medal
Information researched and compiled by N. A. Nease and provided on USSARIZONA.ORG free of charge.
May not be reprinted in any form, other than educational use, without prior written permission of the author.