- Category: USS Arizona Casualty List
- Created: Monday, 21 February 2000 00:00
- Last Updated: Saturday, 04 June 2016 05:31
George Allen Bertie
Seaman Second Class
G. A. BERTIE
- Branch: United States Navy
- Service Number: 381 42 61
- Rate: S2c (Seaman Second Class)
- Duties: Know naval drill duties, knots, steering and signaling. Stand watch and gunnery duties.
- Enlisted: 2 June 1941
- Place: San Diego, California
- Onboard USS Arizona: 13 August 1941
- From: NTS San Diego, California
- Date of Birth: Abt 1923
- Place of Birth: Pennsylvania
- Hometown / State December 1941: Phoenix, Arizona
- Next of Kin: Mr. G. A. Bertie - Father
- Address: 721 1/4 E. Portland St., Phoenix, Arizona
- Disposition: Unrecoverable – Among the 900+ souls still onboard the USS Arizona
- Posthumous Awards: Purple Heart, American Defense Service Medal w/Fleet Clasp, Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal w/Star, WWII Victory Medal
Information researched and compiled by N. A. Nease and provided on USSARIZONA.ORG free of charge.
May not be reprinted in any form, other than educational use, without prior written permission of the author.