- Category: USS Arizona Casualty List
- Created: Monday, 21 February 2000 00:00
- Last Updated: Saturday, 04 June 2016 07:22
George Albert Birge
Seaman First Class
G. A. BIRGE
- Branch: United States Navy Reserve
- Service Number: 234 18 45
- Rate: S1/c (Seaman First Class)
- Duties: Know naval drill duties, knots, steering and signaling. Stand watch and gunnery duties.
- Enlisted: 11 May 1938
- Place: Buffalo, New York
- Onboard USS Arizona: 3 August 1941
- From: Sub Base, Pearl Harbor, Hawaii
- Date of Birth: 19 February 1919
- Place of Birth: Buffalo, New York
- Hometown / State December 1941: Buffalo, New York
- Next of Kin: Mr. Albert Benjamin Birge - Father
- Address: 1266 E, Ferry Street, Buffalo, New York
- Disposition: Recovered – Interred at Sunset Memorial Park Cemetery, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Posthumous Awards: Purple Heart, American Defense Service Medal w/Fleet Clasp, Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal w/Star, WWII Victory Medal
Information researched and compiled by N. A. Nease and provided on USSARIZONA.ORG free of charge.
May not be reprinted in any form, other than educational use, without prior written permission of the author.