- Category: USS Arizona Casualty List
- Created: Monday, 21 February 2000 00:00
- Last Updated: Saturday, 04 June 2016 07:23
Grover Barron Bishop
Machinist's Mate First Class
G. B. BISHOP
- Branch: United States Navy Reserve
- Service Number: 355 95 79
- Rate: MM1/c (Machinist's Mate First Class)
- Duties: Operate main and auxiliary engines. Adjust, repair, and overhaul engines. Be familiar with ship's drainage systems, distilling plants, evaporators and pumps.
- Enlisted: 11 January 1936
- Place: Dallas, Texas
- Onboard USS Arizona: 6 June 1936
- Date of Birth: 30 August 1916
- Place of Birth: Ladonia, Texas
- Hometown / State December 1941: Ladonia, Texas
- Next of Kin: Mrs. Johnnie Earl Bishop - Wife
- Address: Ladonia, Texas
- Disposition: Unrecoverable – Among the 900+ souls still onboard the USS Arizona
- Posthumous Awards: Purple Heart, American Defense Service Medal w/Fleet Clasp, Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal w/Star, WWII Victory Medal
Information researched and compiled by N. A. Nease and provided on USSARIZONA.ORG free of charge.
May not be reprinted in any form, other than educational use, without prior written permission of the author.