- Category: USS Arizona Casualty List
- Created: Monday, 21 February 2000 00:00
- Last Updated: Saturday, 04 June 2016 19:37
James Monroe Blake
Fireman Second Class
J. M. BLAKE
- Branch: United States Navy
- Service Number: 337 41 36
- Rate: F2c(Fireman Second Class)
- Duties: Fire and tend boilers. Operate, adjust and repair pumps.
- Enlisted: 15 October 1940
- Place: St. Louis, Missouri
- Onboard USS Arizona: 9 December 1940
- From: NTS Great Lakes, Illinois
- Date of Birth: 7 November 1921
- Place of Birth: Rolla, Missouri
- Hometown / State December 1941: Rolla, Missouri
- Next of Kin: Harmon M Blake - Father
- Address: Rt. 2, Rolla, Missouri
- Disposition: Unrecoverable – Among the 900+ souls still onboard the USS Arizona
- Posthumous Awards: Purple Heart, American Defense Service Medal w/Fleet Clasp, Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal w/Star, WWII Victory Medal
Information researched and compiled by N. A. Nease and provided on USSARIZONA.ORG free of charge.
May not be reprinted in any form, other than educational use, without prior written permission of the author.