- Category: USS Arizona Casualty List
- Created: Monday, 21 February 2000 00:00
- Last Updated: Saturday, 04 June 2016 22:31
Roy Eugene Boggess
Shipfitter Second Class
R. E. BOGGESS
- Branch: United States Navy
- Service Number: 337 01 26
- Rate: SF2/c (Shipfitter Second Class)
- Duties: Use hand and machine tools for steel metal work. Bend, repair and fit pipes. Operate fire extinguishers and rescue breathing apparatus.
- Enlisted: 11 October 1937
- Place: St. Louis, Missouri
- Onboard USS Arizona: 15 October 1938
- Date of Birth: 3 September 1919
- Place of Birth: Illinois
- Hometown / State December 1941: Long Beach, California
- Next of Kin: Mrs. Naomi Jane Boggess - Wife (married 9 March 1940 at Yuma, Arizona)
- Address: 2016 Lewis Ave., Long Beach, California
- Disposition: Unrecoverable – Among the 900+ souls still onboard the USS Arizona
- Posthumous Awards: Purple Heart, American Defense Service Medal w/Fleet Clasp, Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal w/Star, WWII Victory Medal
Information researched and compiled by N. A. Nease and provided on USSARIZONA.ORG free of charge.
May not be reprinted in any form, other than educational use, without prior written permission of the author.