- Category: USS Arizona Casualty List
- Created: Monday, 21 February 2000 00:00
- Last Updated: Wednesday, 13 July 2016 05:33
Chief Machinist's Mate
- Branch: United States Navy
- Service Number: 304 97 10
- Rate: CMMA (Chief Machinist's Mate Assigned)
- Duties: Supervise and operate main and auxiliary engines. Adjust, repair, and overhaul engines. Be familiar with ship's drainage systems, distilling plants, evaporators and pumps.
- Enlisted: 25 March 1935 (likely reenlistment) (Reenlisted 24 March 1939 - 4 years)
- Place: San Diego, California
- Onboard USS Arizona: 13 December 1937
- Date of Birth: 10 June 1903
- Place of Birth: Illinois
- Hometown / State December 1941: San Pedro, California
- Next of Kin: Mrs. Evelyn Mae Borger - Wife
- Address: 1026 W. 20th St., San Pedro, California
- Disposition: Unrecoverable – Among the 900+ souls still onboard the USS Arizona
- Posthumous Awards: Purple Heart, American Defense Service Medal w/Fleet Clasp, Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal w/Star, WWII Victory Medal
Information researched and compiled by N. A. Nease and provided on USSARIZONA.ORG free of charge.
May not be reprinted in any form, other than educational use, without prior written permission of the author.