- Category: USS Arizona Casualty List
- Created: Monday, 21 February 2000 00:00
- Last Updated: Tuesday, 09 August 2016 12:43
Myron Alonzo Brophy
Fireman Second Class
M. A. BROPHY
- Branch: United States Navy
- Service Number: 212 54 40
- Rate: F2/c (Fireman Second Class)
- Duties: Fire and tend boilers. Operate, adjust and repair pumps.
- Enlisted: 23 January 1940
- Place: Springfield, Massachusetts
- Onboard USS Arizona: 4 January 1941
- From: RS Bremerton, Washington
- Date of Birth: 1 November 1919
- Place of Birth: Dorset, Vermont
- Hometown / State December 1941: Rutland, Vermont
- Next of Kin: Mrs. Pernas Jacobs - Sister
- Address: 22 West St., Rutland, Vermont
- Disposition: Unrecoverable – Among the 900+ souls still onboard the USS Arizona
- Posthumous Awards: Purple Heart, American Defense Service Medal w/Fleet Clasp, Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal w/Star, WWII Victory Medal
Photo courtesy of Lorraine Marks-Haislip, Past Historian, USS Arizona Reunion Association
Information researched and compiled by N. A. Nease and provided on USSARIZONA.ORG free of charge.
May not be reprinted in any form, other than educational use, without prior written permission of the author.