- Category: USS Arizona Casualty List
- Created: Monday, 21 February 2000 00:00
- Last Updated: Sunday, 05 June 2016 17:58
William Howard Brown
Seaman Second Class
W. H. BROWN
- Branch: United States Navy Reserve
- Service Number: 654 00 83
- Rate: S1/c V-6 (Seaman Second Class)
- Duties: Know naval drill duties, knots, steering and signaling. Stand watch and gunnery duties.
- Enlisted: 24 June 1941
- Place: Portland, Oregon
- Onboard USS Arizona: 29 August 1941
- From: NTS San Diego, California
- Hometown / State December 1941: Forest Grove, Oregon
- Next of Kin: Mr. & Mrs. William F. Brown - Parents
- Address: 218 N. B Street, Forest Grove, Oregon
- Disposition: Unrecoverable – Among the 900+ souls still onboard the USS Arizona
- Posthumous Awards: Purple Heart, American Defense Service Medal w/Fleet Clasp, Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal w/Star, WWII Victory Medal
Information researched and compiled by N. A. Nease and provided on USSARIZONA.ORG free of charge.
May not be reprinted in any form, other than educational use, without prior written permission of the author.