- Category: USS Arizona Casualty List
- Created: Monday, 21 February 2000 00:00
- Last Updated: Wednesday, 13 July 2016 05:34
Harry Lamont Browne
Chief Machinist's Mate
H. L. BROWNE
- Branch: United States Navy
- Service Number: 316 06 78
- Rate: CMMA (Chief Machinist's Mate Assigned)
- Duties: Supervise and operate main and auxiliary engines. Adjust, repair, and overhaul engines. Be familiar with ship's drainage systems, distilling plants, evaporators and pumps.
- Enlisted: 23 January 1939 (Recalled to active duty)
- Place: Omaha, Nebraska
- Onboard USS Arizona: 24 February 1939
- From: NRS Omaha Nebraska
- Date of Birth: 24 February 1905
- Place of Birth: Nebraska
- Hometown / State December 1941: Los Angeles, California
- Next of Kin: Mrs. Louise Roseann Browne - Wife
- Address: 202 W. 91st St., Los Angeles, California
- Disposition: Unrecoverable – Among the 900+ souls still onboard the USS Arizona
- Posthumous Awards: Purple Heart, American Defense Service Medal w/Fleet Clasp, Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal w/Star, WWII Victory Medal
Information researched and compiled by N. A. Nease and provided on USSARIZONA.ORG free of charge.
May not be reprinted in any form, other than educational use, without prior written permission of the author.