- Category: USS Arizona Casualty List
- Created: Monday, 21 February 2000 00:00
- Last Updated: Tuesday, 19 July 2016 04:15
John Edward Burns
Fireman First Class
J. E. BURNS
- Branch: United States Navy
- Service Number: 243 78 22
- Rate: F1/c (Fireman First Class)
- Duties: Fire and tend boilers. Operate, adjust and repair pumps.
- Enlisted: 9 October 1940
- Place: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Onboard USS Arizona: 10 December 1940
- From: NTS Newport, Rhode Island
- Date of Birth: Abt 1916
- Place of Birth: Pennsylvania
- Hometown / State December 1941: Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
- Next of Kin: Mr. John Francis Burns - Father
- Address: 75 Corclear St., Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
- Disposition: Unrecoverable – Among the 900+ souls still onboard the USS Arizona
- Posthumous Awards: Purple Heart, American Defense Service Medal w/Fleet Clasp, Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal w/Star, WWII Victory Medal
Information researched and compiled by N. A. Nease and provided on USSARIZONA.ORG free of charge.
May not be reprinted in any form, other than educational use, without prior written permission of the author.