- Category: USS Arizona Casualty List
- Created: Monday, 21 February 2000 00:00
- Last Updated: Wednesday, 08 June 2016 01:22
John Dabney Butler
John Induction Fingerprinting
Fireman First Class
J. D. BUTLER
- Branch: United States Navy
- Service Number: 359 99 96
- Rate: F1/c (Fireman First Class)
- Duties: Fire and tend boilers. Operate, adjust and repair pumps.
- Enlisted: 12 July 1938
- Place: Houston, Texas
- Onboard USS Arizona: 23 October 1938
- Hometown / State December 1941: San Antonio, Texas
- Next of Kin: Mr. James Roscoe Butler - Father
- Address: 746 Arkansas Ave., San Antonio, Texas
- Disposition: Unrecoverable – Among the 900+ souls still onboard the USS Arizona
- Posthumous Awards: Purple Heart, American Defense Service Medal w/Fleet Clasp, Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal w/Star, WWII Victory Medal
Information researched and compiled by N. A. Nease and provided on USSARIZONA.ORG free of charge.
May not be reprinted in any form, other than educational use, without prior written permission of the author.