- Category: USS Arizona Casualty List
- Created: Monday, 21 February 2000 00:00
- Last Updated: Wednesday, 13 July 2016 05:47
Charles Nicholas Charlton
Watertender First Class
C. N. Charlton
- Branch: United States Navy
- Service Number: 385 57 39
- Rate: WT1/c (Watertender First Class)
- Duties: Take charge of fireroom when under way. Maintain, repair, and overhaul boiler system.
- Enlisted: Abt 1930 (renenlisted 1936 & 1940)
- Place: Bremerton, Washington
- Onboard USS Arizona: 20 April 1935
- Date of Birth: 27 April 1911
- Place of Birth: Alaska
- Hometown / State December 1941: San Pedro, California
- Next of Kin: Mrs. Lillian Ester Charlton - Wife
- Address: San Pedro, California
- Disposition: Unrecoverable – Among the 900+ souls still onboard the USS Arizona
- Posthumous Awards: Purple Heart, American Defense Service Medal w/Fleet Clasp, Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal w/Star, WWII Victory Medal
Information researched and compiled by N. A. Nease and provided on USSARIZONA.ORG free of charge.
May not be reprinted in any form, other than educational use, without prior written permission of the author.