- Category: USS Arizona Casualty List
- Created: Monday, 21 February 2000 00:00
- Last Updated: Friday, 17 June 2016 22:34
John Edmund French
J. E. FRENCH
- Name: John Edmund French
- Branch: United States Navy
- Service Number: 057562
- Rate: LCDR (Lieutenant Commander)
- Commissioned: 2 June 1938
- Onboard USS Arizona: November 1941
- From: Naval Academy
- Signal No.: 1630
- Administrative Duty: Nav. Report about 5 Nov.
- Collateral Duty: Educational Officer
- Battle Station: Conning Tower
- Date of Birth: 6 March 1900
- Place of Birth: Skowhegan, Maine
- Hometown / State December 1941: Washington, D. C.
- Next of Kin: Mrs. John Edmund French - Wife
- Address: 121 S. La Peer Dr., Beverly Hills, California
- Disposition: Recovered – Interment Date 10 November 1947, Arlington National Cemetery 12-3060 , Arlington, Virginia
- Posthumous Awards: Purple Heart, American Defense Service Medal w/Fleet Clasp, Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal w/Star, WWII Victory Medal
Information researched and compiled by N. A. Nease and provided on USSARIZONA.ORG free of charge.
May not be reprinted in any form, other than educational use, without prior written permission of the author.