- Category: USS Arizona Survivor List
- Created: Friday, 01 October 1999 07:00
- Last Updated: Saturday, 28 May 2016 06:53
Everett Owen Reid
Machinist's Mate First Class
Everett O. Reid - 2000
- Branch: United States Navy
- Service Number: 342 01 16
- Rate: MM1/c (Machinist's Mate First Class)
- Duties: Operate main and auxiliary engines. Adjust, repair, and overhaul engines. Be familiar with ship's drainage systems, distilling plants, evaporators and pumps.
- Enlisted: 16 March 1937
- Place: Kansas City, Missouri
- Onboard USS Arizona: 24 July 1937
- From: NTS Great Lakes
- Retired from Navy: 1 February 1957
- Date of Birth: 6 December 1917
- Place of Birth: Nekoma, Rush County, Kansas
- Date of Death: 8 July 2004
- Place: Antioch, California
After Pearl Harbor, Everett served on the USS Tennessee for a short time, then USS Nevada which was involved in the invasion of Normandy - June 1944 and then on to take part in the invasions of Okinawa and Iwo Jima. Everett also served on the O'Bannon, the Vermillion, the Leyte, and the Hamul before retiring as a Chief Machinist Mate in May 1957. Everett’s Navy career spanned 20 years, 19 of which were on sea duty.
Information researched and compiled by N. A. Nease and provided on USSARIZONA.ORG free of charge.
May not be reprinted in any form, other than educational use, without prior written permission of the author.