- Category: USS Arizona Survivor List
- Created: Friday, 01 October 1999 00:00
- Last Updated: Saturday, 28 May 2016 06:42
Leland Howard Burk
Gunner's Mate Third Class
Leland H. Burk 1991
- Branch: United States Navy
- Service Number: 337 41 56
- Rate: GM3/c (Gunner's Mate Third Class)
- Duties: Take charge of gun and crew. Assemble and fire all types of guns. Handle ammunition. Handle mines and depth charges.
- Enlisted: 15 October 1940
- Place: St. Louis, Missouri
- Onboard USS Arizona: 9 December 1940
- From: NTS Great Lakes via PSNY
- Transferred: 7 December 1941
- To: USS Pennsylvania for Duty
- Date of Birth: 29 July 2015
- Place of Birth: Callao, Missouri
- Date of Death: 14 January 2003
- Place of Death: Bevier, Missouri at the Veterans Hospital in Columbia.
- Interment: Hillcrest Memorial Gardens in Macon, Missouri
Leland "Howard" Burk served out the war. He was promoted to Chief Petty Officer and transferred to Northwestern University as an ROTC and V-12 instructor. He was discharged September, 1946.
Information researched and compiled by N. A. Nease and provided on USSARIZONA.ORG free of charge.
May not be reprinted in any form, other than educational use, without prior written permission of the author.